The huge retail company Jumia has a special Jumia affiliate program for helping their customers make a profit. This is a legitimate way to earn money, and many people have already tried it successfully. In this article, you will learn everything about the Jumia affiliate program.
Table of Contents
- How To Join Jumia Affiliate Program?
- Jumia Affiliate Program
- Jumia Affiliate Commission Model
- How To Join The Jumia Affiliate Program?
- How To Generate Jumia Affiliate Links
- Is It Possible To Check Your Earnings On Jumia?
- How Does Jumia Pay?
- How To Become A Successful Jumia Affiliate?
How To Join Jumia Affiliate Program?
Lots of reliable internet bloggers have mentioned that the Jumia affiliate program in Nigeria has brought them a good income. Jumia affiliates have a nice chance to increase their budget.
You probably think about where to start. In this case, you should not worry – this article will tell you exactly about all the benefits of Jumia affiliate marketing and the things you need to know if you would like to become a Jumia affiliate.
By the way, Jumia is an international company that has branches in many other African countries, including Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Cameron.
So, except for Nigerian products, you can easily promote products from these countries as well. You only have to know that websites from different countries have different URL addresses. For instance, the Nigerian webpage is https://www.jumia.com.ng/, while the Ghanaian website is https://www.jumia.com.gh/. Keep this in mind while promoting various products.
Jumia Affiliate Program
Like the other affiliate programs used in marketing, the point of the Jumia program is to pay the webmasters who refer someone to purchase products from the Jumia internet store. This article will tell you all you have to know about this program and how to become a member of it.
If you have a blog and would like to make some profit off of it, then the Jumia affiliate program is one of the best ways to increase the popularity of your blog. However, the amount of money that you can make depends on a few factors, and these are the traffic to your blog, the blog niche, and the commission model for the product that you want to promote. If you are curious about how the commission model and structure work, we will explain them below.
Jumia Affiliate Commission Model
There are a lot of different affiliate programs in Nigeria. However, the Jumia affiliate program is one of the best because it has a higher structure of the commission. Below, you can see how the commission model of Jumia works.
- Install – €0.1.
- Mobiles and tablets – 5%.
- Automotive and motorcycles – 6%.
- Books and stationery – 10%.
- Cameras and accessories – 6%.
- Computing – 5%.
- Default – 4%.
- Fashion – 12%.
- Games and consoles – 4%.
- Health and beauty – 10%.
- Home and living – 7%.
- Kids and babies – 7%.
- Sports and fitness – 10%.
- TVs, audio, and video – 5%.
In the affiliate program, you will be paid money when you refer someone to the Jumia affiliate link and that person goes to the website and buys from Jumia. So, if you refer the person to go on the online website of Jumia and they purchase products from the department “Mobiles and Tablets”, you will be paid a 5% commission.
Different website departments have different structures of commission. The highest commission is in the fashion department. That is why fashion blogs in Nigeria are profitable to create, as you can make good money by running them.
ALSO READ: 10 SIDE HUSTLE IDEAS FOR MAKING EXTRA MONEY
If you visit the shop direct website, you will see an excellent example of the Jumia affiliate link. When the person clicks on that link, proceeds shopping on the Jumia website, and ends up buying something, the commission money will go to you.
How To Join The Jumia Affiliate Program?
There are a few particular things that you will have to sort out before you apply for the Jumia affiliate program. These things are:
- Functional blog.
- Functional e-mail address.
- The bank account.
Once you have got all of these attributes, you will be ready to proceed further. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the website of the Jumia affiliate program.
- Click on the button “become an affiliate”.
- Then, you will have to fill in the signup form. You will need to select the type of your account (usually individual), enter your name, phone number, e-mail address, the country where you reside, and the website where you want to place your Jumia affiliate links.
- Once you have filled in this information, you will have to read the terms and agreement of the Jumia affiliate program. Read them carefully and decide if you are alright with them.
- When you have agreed to the terms, you should click the button “start earning”.
- You will be sent a confirmation link to your e-mail. Log into your e-mail to confirm your address.
When you have submitted the form, the Jumia team will be processing your application for about five days or more. They will check your website to see if you have got enough promotional power to give their products a good promo. Sometimes, they can decline the application.
However, in this case, you might try to change their mind by contacting them by e-mail and explaining the ways you can promote their products. If you are convincing enough, they might approve the application.
If you become approved by the Jumia team for their affiliate program, you will have to start promoting their products and earn some money.
How To Generate Jumia Affiliate Links
This is a very important step because it is impossible to make an income just by copying the bare link from the Jumia store to promote the product. You will need to generate the new original affiliate links for the specific product or the category of products that you would like to promote.
You also can get special affiliate banners on your Jumia affiliate dashboard for placing them on your website. These links have unique codes, which will inform Jumia that the person came to their webpage from your blog. The system tracks the referral and gives you a commission according to the commission rate above.
To generate the links, you will have to follow some instructions:
- First of all, you will need to visit the official Jumia store website and get the link to the product that you would like to promote. For example, if you want to promote some piece of clothing, you have to go to the Jumia site and copy the link to it.
- Then, you will need to add your affiliate ID to this link. Promoting the link without the ID means that even if you promote it on your blog, you will not be paid. To add the ID, you should follow the further instructions:
- Sign in to the Jumia affiliate dashboard.
- On the vertical menu, you should click on “Tools” and then on “Link builder”.
- In the drop-down “Offer”, select the country whose products you want to promote. If you are in Nigeria, you should choose Nigeria.
- Copy the product URL from step 1, and paste it into the field “Page URL”.
- In conclusion, you will need to copy the text that appears in the field “Final URL”, and put it on your blog.
- Congratulations! You can now add affiliate links to your blog and promote the products!
Inserting the link on your blog is quite easy. On WordPress, you usually can use the Add Link option, while on Blogger you should follow the Insert/Edit Link path. Also, it is strongly recommended to add the tag “no follow” to the affiliate and paid links, as this is one of the best SEO tips that all advertising enthusiasts practice.
The alternate way to advertise the Jumia production on your blog is to get the affiliate banners and then place them somewhere on the blog. For that, you will have to follow some further directions:
- Sign in to the affiliate dashboard of Jumia.
- On the vertical menu, you have to pick “Tools” and then “Banners”.
- Click on the drop-down “Advertising Offer”, and select the country whose products you are interested in promoting.
- Then, you need to select the shopping category. For that, you will need to click any of the banner folders. Choose the banner size that you want (for instance, 300×250), and then copy “Banner Code” for placing it on your website.
When it comes to inserting the banner code on your blog, it is not difficult either. You will need to insert it properly so the banner on your site will appear, and the subscribers will be able to click it and get redirected to the Jumia store.
- On WordPress, you should log into your blog dashboard, then hover on “Appearance”, and click on the option “Widget”. The widget page will open, and the next step you should do is choose the text widget for your sidebar, and paste the banner code from Jumia. Do not forget to save the progress!
- If you are a Blogspot user, you should also log into the blog dashboard, and choose the option “Layout”. The layout sidebar will contain the button “Add Widget”. Then, you will be able to paste your banner code from Jumia and save the work.
After completing all these steps, you will be able to view the Jumia site banner appearing on your blog, exactly where you put it. If your followers click on it and then buy something from Jumia, you will receive the commission.
Is It Possible To Check Your Earnings On Jumia?
Once you start promoting the Jumia production, you will get the income once someone buys the products from your referred link. Of course, you always can check your earnings. You can do it on a regular basis. Here is how to do it:
- First, sign in to the Jumia affiliate dashboard.
- Then, choose your country, and you will see the report and your daily, weekly, or monthly progress. You will have a chance to view the chart which shows your amount of clicks, conversions, and commission.
If you want to see the detailed sales on the Jumia affiliate dashboard, you should sign into it, and then go to the vertical menu where you should choose “Reporting”, and after that, “Conversions.” Choose the country and the products that you will promote. Then, choose the period (for instance, from September 2017 to March 2018).
You will view the number of your sales, along with the conversion dates, the commission that you have earned from them, and the status – it can be pending, rejected, or approved. You will be paid only for those which are approved.
How Does Jumia Pay?
Jumia makes its payments via the bank. Your money will be transferred to your bank account by the electronic transfer method. For successful money transactions, you will have to enter your banking details into the Jumia dashboard. Log in to the Jumia affiliate dashboard site and click on “Payment,” then “Payment Details.”
Fill in the form with your country, payment method (choose “bank transfer” if you want bank payments), account holder, account number, bank name, bank branch, city, and swift.
How To Become A Successful Jumia Affiliate?
This program is very similar to the other affiliate programs run by the marketing giants. To become successful and earn money regularly, you should start by following the instructions in the article, and then develop your blog to the point that it will be able to make good money for you.
One of the best ways to make money as a Jumia affiliate is to run a blog where you discuss the different products which are sold in their store. This makes the person more confident to buy them.
This article was about becoming a Jumia affiliate and making money from it. Feel free to suggest your ideas below!