Although the popularity of digital collectibles or NFTs, has reached unexpected levels, many people still do not know what this term refers to.
This decentralized technology that serves as a strategic basis for creating non-fungible tokens has allowed many users to come out of anonymity and be able to expose their works.
Table of Contents
- Digital collectibles
- What is the format of NFTs?
- Marketplace function
- What is needed to acquire an NFT?
- Most popular marketplaces
Digital works or NFTs are collections stored online; unlike traditional works of art, they are not hanging on a wall or stored in a drawer, always taking care of any damage they may be susceptible to.
Digital goods are characterized by being unique in the same way that a work such as Mona Lisa is considered.
All these digital works have a unique characteristic: they can be exchanged for digital currencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, storing these values in the blockchain to be converted into traditional currencies later easily, because there are Bitcoin payments advantages that would help you.
The auctions or sales of NFTs registered to date exceed one million dollars, something unheard of for technology that has opened up to the digital world in just one year.
Some of the biggest names or most popular and multi-million selling digital works are Bored Ape Yacht Club, Beeple, and CryptoPunks, to name a few.
What is the format of NFTs?
Although it is easy to say, the format in which NFTs are presented through the platforms can be in the form of a tweet or even an image or collage of images in JPEG format.
The author decides the format, but because they are digital works, they must be framed in the platforms’ guidelines on which the NFTs are created.
These collections are not physical, which distinguishes them from traditional art; they can be considered digital or intangible assets for their owners.
Due to the diversity of collections and digital artworks called crypto art, there are many web pages or online stores where you can purchase them.
To operate with NFT, the Blockchain platform is used to carry out transactions for the purchase, sale, or auction of crypto art; consequently, these transactions are carried out in cryptocurrencies or crypto assets.
Marketplaces are online spaces that allow the commercialization of all types of NFTs, providing their creators with a promotion and publicity service for their works, making them seen by many people worldwide.
3D designs, works of art, or drawings are digital products in the form of NFTs for sale in these online markets, Internet domains, tweets, cards from sports leagues such as the NBA, cartoons from sports leagues; some successful comics.
What is needed to acquire an NFT?
The main thing needed to buy an NFT is to have a digital wallet and some traditional means of payment such as a credit card, assuming that they are purchased directly on the website and not in a marketplace.
The NFT buying and selling marketplaces even offer users to carry out their transactions independently; in many cases, the money it represents is a lot, and it is not a very safe option.
Another essential aspect of operating with NFT is having a platform on which operations can be carried out, such as Ethereum.
Most popular marketplaces
Marketplaces are somehow considered virtual showcases in which artists can exhibit their works and obtain offers even from other artists.
Some of these most used virtual counters are:
- Opensea: It offers comfort and ease to its users in terms of the interface to acquire or auction any NFT; you can even filter the authors or the types of works you want to see. It has the most diverse categories of the NFT market.
- Nifty Gateway: On this platform, you can find works by various internet artists, including the latest transactions that have been registered, their value, the highest bid, as well as the editions that exist of digital works and many additional features.
- Mintable: It has very similar characteristics to the two previous platforms; only in this one will you see the prices of digital works in Ethereum.
- Rarible: Just one click on the category you want to view is enough, and you will get endless collections and digital works with their respective prices and authors.
- Makersplace: It is a digital showcase that allows creators of digital art to exhibit their works and be able to compete among others already shown; it also makes it easy for its users with just one touch to bid on the work that interests them
NFTs are continually generating new information that allows their users and creators to be updated in terms of digital platforms and markets that can impact.
The media and social networks have contributed enormously to the popularity of these technological tools and to the positioning of these Marketplaces, where new artists and established ones are achieving million-dollar sales with their works.